Mountain High Organics organic garbanzo beans/chickpeas.
Certified Quality Assurance International (QAI), USDA Organic.
Provider: Left Coast Naturals (Vancouver) / Country of origin: USA
Chickpeas function as antioxidants and an anti-inflammatory. They are a great source of dietary fibre, phosphorus, protein, iron and zinc. This is a good legume to eat if you do not eat meat.
- Chickpeas - Organic.
- Weight: 3lb
- Total price: $10.50 + $2.50 refundable deposit*
- Price/100 grams: $1.16
To maintain product quality, please refrigerate or store in cool, dry place.
1. Soak 12 - 48 hours. Get rid of any chickpeas that float to the top.
2. Drain water and rinse.
3. Put chickpeas in a pot and cover with 3 inches of water. You can add a teaspoon of salt, broth, spices or a diced onion if you like.
4. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer.
5. Cook for 1½ hours and drain.
1 cup of dried chickpeas gives 4 cups of cooked chickpeas.
Why is it important to soak? Find out here.
*The price shown includes a refundable deposit of $3.50. Read more about our Glass Returns Program.